2013年8月29日 星期四

WIBW reported that on Sunday

In an effort to create awareness among young students on the growing necessity of new and renewable energy and its usage and application, the Department of New and Renewable Energy (DNRE) Thursday gave a live demonstration with a mobile exhibition van fitted with working models of renewable energy devises at Unity Christian Higher Secondary School, Diphupar.

DNRE Assistant Director Inaho Awomi who addressed the students said renewable energy department was created in 2009 after recognizing the importance of green energy in view of global warming. With threats of global warming already felt across the globe and a fast depleting fossil fuel sending red signals, Awomi said new and renewable energy was the only solution to alleviate the looming crisis.A solar lamp is a portable light fixture composed of an LED lamp, a photovoltaic solar panel, and a rechargeable battery.

Giving a brief overview of the department and it achievement since it became full-fledged in 2010, Awomi said during the year 2010-2011; it had fully electrified eight villages in Peren district with solar home lighting and solar street lights.

In its bid to eradicate the unrelenting power crisis in the state, a number of solar power plants of different capacities have been proposed while some were waiting to be commissioned, Awomi informed.

Among these, the department has proposed setting up of a 10 mega watt solar power plant in Ghaneshnagar. The power created would be supplied to Dimapur.

He also disclosed that the 1 mega watt solar power plant project at Tsütsing, Longsa village under Mokokchung would be commissioned by 2014. Another project, a 300 kilo watt plant in Peren district was waiting to be commissioned, he added.

The department has also installed two wind mill power plants, one at Government College Zunheboto and another at Pfutsero CMO office after verifying the applicability of such power generating wind project.

According to survey, except for Wokha,How solar panel cells work and where to buy solar kits for home use. Mokokchung and Longleng, all the remaining district of Nagaland had constant wind pressure and therefore, suitable for wind mill projects.

Students from Unity Christian Hr Sec School, Vision Home Hr Sec School and Christina Hr Sec School attended the new and renewable energy demonstration. Same exhibition would be held at Dimapur District Sports Complex (DDSC) on Friday.

The sidewalks are dark with infrequent lights illuminating little but the gloom. Every time I hear the bushes rustle in the shadows, my heart begins to pound. I clutch my keys in preparation to defend myself against the serial murderer about to pop out. Fortunately for me, so far it’s only been a squirrel or a bird.


I play it safe. I try to walk with someone else if I’m going out after dark. I have the Wildcat Walk number saved as a contact in my phone. So far, the scariest thing I’ve met on my evening campus trips is a possum waddling across the sidewalk outside my dorm. However, not everyone has been so lucky.

WIBW reported that on Sunday, Aug. 11 a woman was raped near K-State’s campus at 4 a.m. I felt sick to my stomach when I read the warning issued from the Riley County Police Department. I started texting every girl I knew who was living in Manhattan over the summer. “Are you safe?” “Did you hear about the warning?” I became even more concerned when I read about another woman being assaulted on Aug. 18. As I talked to my friends about the incidents, a simple solution surfaced in many of our conversations. It would put all of our minds at ease if there were more lights on campus.

Overall, K-State handles student safety very well. With programs like Wildcat Walk and the Emergency Lights scattered across campus, it is easy for students to take measures to protect themselves.We turn your dark into light courtesy of our brilliant sun, solar street light, solar power generation. But even the 2012 Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report stated how campus is staying open longer and becoming more accessible to the public. Right now, there is no set plan for a major lighting overhaul, only lighting upgrades being added as needed. After the recent incidents, it makes sense to re-examine this issue.
Read the full story at www.indoorilite.com!

沒有留言:

張貼留言